Home Health Can Be Provided in Assisted Living Houston, TX Facilities
Many retirement community and assisted living residents need some additional support when they move to an assisted living Houston, TX community or after they settle in to their senior apartment living. Home Health Care can be provided in an assisted living facility or in a private home setting. Here's an overview of Home Health and what to expect. Click here if you want to learn more specifically about home health care in a senior living community setting.
What is Home Health Care (HHH)?
HHH care is defined by Medicare as a wide range of health care services that can be given in your home for an illness or injury. Home Health is usually less expensive, more convenient, and just as effective as care you get in a hospital or skilled nursing facility (SNF).
What should you expect from Home Health Care?
The goal of HHH is to treat an illness or injury. This care helps you get better, regain your independence, and become as self-sufficient as possible. Doctor’s orders are required to start care. Home Health will then make an appointment to come to your apartment to talk about your needs and ask some questions about your health. Home Health will provide your doctor information on your progress.
Examples of skilled home health services:
- Therapy (Physical, Occupational, Speech) - Wound Care
- Monitoring serious illness/unstable health status -Injections
- Intravenous or nutrition therapy -Patient/caregiver education
Examples of types of services home health staff might provide include:
- Check what you’re eating and drinking
- Check your blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, and breathing
- Check that you are taking your prescription and other drugs and any treatments correctly.
- Ask if you have any pain.
- Check your safety in the home.
- Teach you about your care so you can take care of yourself.
- Coordinate your care. Communicate regularly with your doctor, you, and anyone else who gives you care.
How do I pay for Home Health? Home Health is paid 100% by Traditional Medicare. Any Medicare Advantage plans or Private insurance would need to be checked for coverage.