Resident Lois McCall interviewed senior living Houston residents at Treemont Retirement Community to determine why they love living at this assisted living community. Here is her compilation of reasons.
10. Tired of Upkeep of My Home; I Enjoy Hassle Free Living. I was tired of keeping up a big house, dealing with yard men, plumbers, painters, and repairmen of all kinds. It took an inordinate amount of time and money just to maintain the status quo, and I wanted to be free of all that. Treemont takes care of all maintenance plus housekeeping, laundry, and meal preparation and service and I am free to use my time doing what I choose to do.
9. Safety and Peace of Mind. There were three robberies within a year at the apartment complex where I had made my home for years, and I realized that it was no longer a safe environment for a single woman. Treemont provides excellent security, even a guard to walk me from my car to my door when I drive in late from a symphony or theater performance. All I have to do is call. The multiple care options provide peace of mind also.
8 .Great Location Close to Family. My daughter wanted me close to her so she could be sure I was comfortable and secure. Treemont is less than ten minutes from her home in Memorial, so she can drop by often.
7. The Scenic Campus. I love the outdoors and couldn’t bear to think of giving up my beautiful trees and patio. I visited a friend living at Treemont and found that I could have my own area to plant as I chose. My husband and I moved into a spacious first-floor apartment and brought our patio furniture and potted plants with us. Grounds Maintenance helped me plant flowers among the multiple pine trees and create an outdoor living room which we are delighted to share with our Treemont neighbors.
6. Ability to Continue to Entertain. I love to entertain and was thrilled to discover that with Treemont’s skilled catering crew I could have any kind of party I wanted with no hassle—from a ladies luncheon for eight to a pizza party for forty, all at less expense than I could have done at home with the help required.
5. Robust Activities. My life has always been filled with a variety of interests, and a look at the calendar of activities at Treemont revealed all kinds of things that appealed to me, from writing classes to crafts, tai chi, current events, laughter yoga, chair dancing (exercise for seniors) and others. Professional entertainers are also brought in regularly for our entertainment. I couldn’t get bored here if I tried.
4. Great Value, No Buy-In CCRC. I looked at a number of retirement centers in Houston but found that many required a large “deposit” or buy-in. Since Treemont operates with a lease arrangement I was able to get a spacious, comfortable apartment with only a monthly fee, leaving the proceeds from sale of my home to be invested for additional income.
3. Excellent Location. The location is ideal, in the heart of the Memorial/West Chase area.
2. Modest Price. The price is modest for the quality of life I can enjoy here, with virtually everything I need from beauty shop to library to health care at my fingertips.
1. Outstanding Residents and Camaraderie. There are lots of smiling people here who enjoy life. The staff and most of the residents are so upbeat and cheerful that my own spirits stay high. One 97-year-old when asked “How are you?” unfailingly answers with a twinkle in his eyes and a broad smile, “Fantastic!” How can you beat that?
Come for a visit to see why residents call Treemont Home. Treemont is located at 2501 Westerland Drive @ Westheimer. Our phone is 713-783-6820 and website is www.Treemont.com.
Visit a Community. It is always a wise move to take the time to visit the independent living community a few times — have lunch, join an entertainment event, party or activity. Meet residents who have had illustrative careers in banking, oil and gas industry, teaching and other careers. Join their coffee klatches and see the camaderie that has developed. It is a joy to see the new friendships made among senior residents in assisted living communities. It is a pleasure to have a senior tell me how happy she is in her new home, without the upkeep of their home, or having to worry about cooking meals.
It is so hard to overcome the emotion of selling one’s 50-year home or downsizing from a large apartment to a smaller one. It is often hard to imagine that new friendships can be forged in one’s golden years. Residing in an active senior living community in Houston, TX can be the best of all worlds…independence, activities, companionship, stability and great food! Plan to visit a few senior living communities to determine which would be the best fit for you. I often hear the only complaint a resident has after moving to Treemont Retirement Community is, “I just wish I knew then what I know now….and if I did, the one thing I would have changed is I would have moved sooner!” This is the time to take the necessary steps to secure your lifestyle for the future. Take the first step by scheduing your free lunch and tour.
For more information, or to schedule a lunch and tour of this senior living community in Houston TX, please call Lupe or Linda at (713) 783-6820. Treemont is located near the Galleria at 2501 Westerland Drive at Westheimer. Click www.Treemont.com/reviews to learn why residents chose Treemont.
Click Image below to Download FREE Guide