Activities for Senior Citizens - May Activity Calendar for Assisted Living Houston TX
This post provides highlights of Treemont's assisted living activity calendar for May. While there are many more events and activities on the May Activity Calendar, here are some activities for seniors citizens deserving of particular attention. Families, please join your active seniors for these senior activities in Houston, TX. Featured aon right are active seniors enjoying the Spring Fling BBQ, one of many senior activities.
- Kentucky Derby Party. We're going to have a "Kentucky Derby Party" on Saturday, May 2nd. This will be the first time in the NEW ACTIVITY ROOM and THEATER/MEDIA RM. If this event replicates in any way the Super Bowl Party, no one will want to leave.
- Nurses Week. May 11 to 14 is Nurses Week. The purpose is to acknowledge our valuable nurses and thank them for their hard work and duties. The Nurses are also giving back. On Wednesday, May 6th from 2pm to 3pm , Senior Allegiance and Treemont Health Center nurses will do a Wellness Day for residents in the Independent Living Lobby. Come join in the fun for free goodies, delicious snacks, and free services from Treemont’s amazing nurses!! Nurses will be performing blood pressure readings, weight and height measurements, blood sugar checks, BMI readings, and more.
- “Singing Belles” Choir Group. On M ay 11th, Treemont hosts the "Singing Belles", a choir group of 23 women who sing beautiful.
- Bingo Marathon. On Tuesday, May 12 & Wednesday, May 13th, Independent Living (Aimee) is joining Health Care Center activities (Marilyn) for a BINGO GAMES MARATHON from 2pm - 4 pm on both days. There will be refreshments and prizes and we're going to have a BUNCH of happy residents. Our folks LOVE Bingo.
- Senior Safety Seminar. Also on May 13th, the Houston Police Department will address our residents about Senior Safety. This "Healthy Hints" presentation on Wednesday, May 13th at 10:30. The policemen show up in uniform and the residents just love it. They listen and take takes everything the officers say to heart so they feel safe and secure.
- “Peace of Mind” Seminar. On Wednesday, May 20th, Healthy Hints, Brian Blakeney (a Master Degree Therapist) will continue his series on "Peace of Mind." This popular series has drawn big crowds as Brian provides insights into finding the peace-of-mind we all seek. Brian is nothing short of fantastic.
- PBS Documentaries and Movies. We are having some wonderful documentaries in May. Our Houston assisted living department purchased series of historical documentaries from PBS: Thomas Jefferson, Lee & Grant (Generals of the Civil War), Mark Twain, Edison - The Father of Invention, Benjamin Franklin, JFK and The Klondike Gold Rush. We've had some fabulous movies donated to us as well. Residents Martha Brooks donated some wonderful DVDs this morning, that will be quite appealing to residents. Also, Paula Kyzar (a Memorial resident) whoses grandmother lived here15 years ago, donated 2 boxes of amazing movies (DVD & VHS). All Academy Award Winners and very recognizable. Our senior living residents are going to LOVE all of these. Thank you Martha and Paula for your respective donations.
- National Red Nose Day. Then, of course, on Thursday, May 21st is "Red Nose Day" nationwide. We will post photos of staff and residents in Red Noses. I'll take the "staged" photos first and let the residents (who wish to) wear the red noses all day on the 21st. I'll see how much interest we can generate in this project.
Of course, as soon as the activity calendar for assisted living is published, someone fabulous will call to schedule something extraordinary. If so, Activities Director Aimee Dubuisson will get it scheduled. All is done to provide quality activities for seniors in assisted living.
There are so many benefits of residing at a Houston independent living community. Residents discuss topics from the food, the maintenance-free living, the socialization with new friends, and being pampered by the staff. Read about how retirement home staff can lead to resident satisfaction. Some residents talk about the benefit of having an outstanding staff who cater to their every need.
Active senior living communities like Treemont have robust activities for seniors that lead to resident satisfaction. Discover how valuable the socialization with one’s peers and activities for seniors contribute to resident happiness and fulfillment.Active seniors desire such programming!
Find out if musical performances are woven into the activities program of the community you are considering.
Choosing a retirement community is an important decision. here is no substitute for a visit to the community you are considering. Think of your college days. You likely visited a few schools and kicked a few tires before you made a final decision.It is highly recommended that you visit a few communities as part of your decision-making process and speak with residents about their experiences.
To learn more about Treemont Retirement Community, call Lupe or Linda at 713-783-6820 or click www.Treemont.com. Come for lunch and a tour as that is the best way to meet residents, visit the community and find out if this community fits your lifestyle! This senior living community is located at 2501 Westheimer @ Westheimer, not far from the Galleria in the Memorial/West Chase neighborhoods.